“The World is what we think it is. If we can change our thoughts, we can change the world.” ~H.M. Tomlinson
- Prayers and asking support and strength from Allah brings peace, and the feeling of being protected and supported.
- Question the cost of your negative thoughts and attitude. Ask yourself what are the negative thoughts and attitude are costing you and how it is influencing your life? Physically, emotionally, and spiritually and compare it to the benefit you get when you have more positive thoughts and attitude.
- Repeat positive affirmations daily every morning (affirmation is a written or oral statement that confirms something is true ). It is so helpful to bring more positive energy into your day. In tough situations when you feel un-confident or fearful start repeating affirmations about how confident and strong you are. One of the affirmations I like to use is “Whatever happens I will handle it” it brings me a lot of confidence in my ability to handle any situation so I feel more peaceful and secure.
- Keep a journal of the situations where you kept a positive attitude, how did you feel? What thoughts did you have? How did it influence you and what outcomes did you get? to remind yourself of that experience and what to learn from it to apply this learning in the future.
- Surround yourself with positive friends and people, they will help you keep a positive attitude.
- Stick inspiring quotes everywhere at home, at the office, in your car; or you may collect inspiring quotes in a small copy book and refer back to them daily and whenever you feel thinking negatively.
- Journal about your negative thoughts and feelings and write down several arguments to counter it.
- Keep a gratitude journal and write daily 5 things you are grateful for to remind yourself of all the blessings you have and to help you shift your focus from what is missing in your life to what you already have.
- Detach yourself from the surrounding environment and don’t allow negativity of others impact you. Remind yourself that if others are anxious or nervous or fearful this has nothing to do with you, it’s their feelings and their thoughts not yours and you don’t have to feel or think the same. You have the power over your feelings and your thoughts.
- Live in the moment, forget about the past and don’t worry for the future. You have a moment to live and you have the choice to make it a happy or a painful one, which choice you will make?
Another post from my blog My happiness journey
Gratitude is to be content and thankful in every moment of your day. It is to accept genuinely, thankfully, peacefully and with contentment whatever happens. A state of mind that could bring satisfaction and peace. When I try to visualize how my life will look like if I could live in gratitude, I see a life full of serenity, peace and bliss. It’ s heaven.